Diversifying Voices on Climate Change (DVCC) is a three–year Lottery funded project starting from May 2023 which will tackle the barriers to action on climate change for Black and Ethnic Minority women in Wales. Based at Women Connect First office in Cardiff, the project will reach out to women of colour across Wales in an effort to significantly alter perceptions and challenge stereotypes around who can and does take action around climate change. To achieve this, we will be taking a number of approaches.
21 hours per week flexible working including evenings and weekends as needed. Currently working most hours from the office with hybrid working patterns included as needed.
The Project Coordinator will assist the DVCC Project Manager to coordinate and oversee the delivering of project goals and targets in a timely and effective manner.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Encourage and manage the smooth transition of participants into the Diversifying Voices project from the now completed Green Connect Project.
- Employ effective outreach strategies to ensure that more women and girls from diverse communities have opportunities to get involved in the Diversifying Voices project.
- Recruit volunteers to become Community Climate Change Champions.
- Recruit volunteers to train in media production.
- Manage project sessional workers and volunteers.
- Manage and implement together with the project team, a programme of workshops and events to educate, inform and facilitate increased involvement of women and girls from diverse communities in action to combat climate change.
- Manage the projects social media output, promoting positive images of BAME women and girls as Community Climate Change Champions.
- Work creatively and collaboratively with partner organisations, including Wales TUC and media production partners.
- Build effective partnerships with other organisations who are in pursuit of similar goals.
- Work with other issue-based projects such as energy and cost of living related to highlight the links to climate change.
- Manage partnerships and conduct regular stakeholder meetings.
- Facilitate meetings face to face and online.
- Ensure that the diverse voices of women on climate change are amplified and communicated to policy makers and others.
- Maintain accurate up-to-date records of project activities and participation that enable effective monitoring, control and evaluation of the project’s activities and findings.
- Maintain efficient administrative systems, including client records and a database that comply with the data protection policy.
- Produce regular reports on project activity to external partners and funders.
- Ensure sessional staff/ volunteer timesheets and expenses are submitted on time for monthly payroll processing.
- Monitor the organisation’s own progress towards Net Zero.
The closing date for applications is Monday 15th May, 2023 at 5.00PM.