Diversifying Voices on Climate Change (DVCC) is a three–year Lottery funded project starting from May 2023 which will tackle the barriers to action on climate change for Black and Ethnic Minority women in Wales. Based at Women Connect First office in Cardiff, the project will reach out to women of colour across Wales in an effort to significantly alter perceptions and challenge stereotypes around who can and does take action around climate change. To achieve this, we will be taking a number of approaches.
16 hours per week flexible working including evenings and weekends as needed.
Currently working most hours from the office with hybrid working patterns included as needed.
The Engagement Officer will assist the Project Coordinator in delivering the DVCC project goals and targets in a timely and effective manner.
- Manage a high-profile social media campaign for the project which promotes diverse voices on climate change within a Welsh context.
- In line with the project’s aim of engaging more women and girls from ethnic minority communities in action around climate change, ensure that all social media content is accessible and relevant for women and girls from diverse communities in Wales.
- Assist the Project Coordinator in the recruitment of volunteers to take part in media production training provided by project partners Now in a Minute Media.
- Work closely with Now in a Minute Media to schedule media production training courses at an appropriate and accessible level for participants.
- Work closely with Now in a Minute Media to schedule media production courses in a timely manner so as to ensure a steady output of volunteer produced content for social media platforms.
- Engage the services of translators for the media production courses if and when required.
- Ensure that Diversifying Voices on Climate Change messages are accessible to all by organising translation of text for printed and online information and publicity material, including video scripts, into a range of languages to include Welsh, Arabic, and other languages.
- Provide ongoing support for volunteers creating social media content around climate change issues, ensuring that content created is appropriate, relevant and of a sufficiently high standard to be used on WCF’s social media.
- To represent WCF and to promote its ethos; to work in a positive way and to feedback fully to the organisation.
- To attend meetings with other staff as required.
- To build up and maintain links with relevant agencies.
The closing date for applications is Monday 15th May, 2023 at 5.00PM.